- Getting Started
- Update my information
- Account and Trading Security
- Security of my funds
- Change my password
- What are inactivity fees?
- What is buying power?
- How to close my Hapi account?
- How to transfer stocks from another broker to Hapi?
- What happens to my assets in case I die?
- How does Hapi Fully Paid Securities Lending Program work?
- Documents and Taxes
Investing in Hapi
- Do I own my shares?
- How to buy a stock?
- How to sell a stock?
- What are Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)?
- What are Fractional Shares?
- What types of orders can I find in Hapi?
- How do I Cancel a pending Order?
- ¿Qué es un Clearing House Fee?
- What is trade settlement?
- Where can I find my dividends?
- What's an IPO?
- What happens to my stocks if they get delisted from the stock market?
- Holidays in the Stock Market 2023
- Day trading
- Cash Account Violations
- Referral program
- Hapi Learning
Why does Hapi need my identification? - Know the KYC/AML requirements
In short, we are required to gather this information by US federal law. Hapi needs verify your identity for several reasons:
Compliance: Hapi is required by law to verify the identity of our users. The app will need to collect personal information, such as your name, address, and government-issued ID, to comply with anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) regulations.
Personal information helps us to provide a more personalized experience. For example, by collecting information about your investment goals and risk tolerance, we can provide alerts that are more relevant to you.
We also use your personal information to help secure your account. For example, we may use your email address to send you password reset instructions or to notify you of suspicious activity on your account.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through the app's chat or email at email@example.com