- Getting Started
- Update my information
- Account and Trading Security
- Security of my funds
- Change my password
- What are inactivity fees?
- What is buying power?
- How to close my Hapi account?
- How to transfer stocks from another broker to Hapi?
- What happens to my assets in case I die?
- How does Hapi Fully Paid Securities Lending Program work?
- Documents and Taxes
Investing in Hapi
- Do I own my shares?
- How to buy a stock?
- How to sell a stock?
- What are Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)?
- What are Fractional Shares?
- What types of orders can I find in Hapi?
- How do I Cancel a pending Order?
- ¿Qué es un Clearing House Fee?
- What is trade settlement?
- Where can I find my dividends?
- What's an IPO?
- What happens to my stocks if they get delisted from the stock market?
- Holidays in the Stock Market 2023
- Day trading
- Cash Account Violations
- Referral program
- Hapi Learning
How to Transfer Stocks to Your Hapi Account
This process is called an ACAT and is the industry standard for transferring stocks. Think of it as a wire for stocks.
On our side there is no commission for receiving your securities from another broker, but your current broker may charge fees.
It usually takes a couple of weeks to complete the ACAT process.
Only full securities can be sent, which means that if you have stock fractions, it would be good to liquidate them in order to send the cash or, if you want, you can make a partial transfer, that is, only the positions you want. If you want to send cryptocurrencies, you can do so directly from the Hapi app, in the section called Transfer Cryptocurrencies -> Deposit.
To simplify the stock transfer process, our support team can fill out the ACAT document if you give us some information and we'll return it to you for your signature. We will need you to send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you ever have any questions about this or any other matter related to your account at Hapi, our team is always available to assist you. You can reach us through the app’s Chat or via email at email@example.com